Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing
The Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing is an in-depth 30 hour course created and validated by digital marketing industry specialists.
The course syllabus is the most widely taught in digital marketing and the certification is recognised globally across the digital sphere.
Get to grips with the core essentials of digital marketing, including Search, Social Media, PPC, Email Marketing, Analytics, Mobile, Strategy & Planning and more.
Who should attend?
The ideal candidate for the Digital Marketing Certificate program has three to five years of experience and is currently working in an advertising, marketing, public relations or social media role within an agency, corporation, government agency, or nonprofit organization.
Startup entrepreneurs and independent consultants can also benefit greatly from attending this certificate program.
Why should I take it?
What will I take away?
Upon successful completion of a 3-hour Pearson VUE computer-based examination you will be awarded the world’s most widely recognised digital marketing certification. You will achieve the confidence needed to create and steer a revenue-generating digital marketing strategy for any sized company. You’ll also gain an internationally recognised badge to display proudly on your LinkedIn profile.
Professional Diploma Subjects include:
- Introduction to Digital Marketing
- Search Engine Marketing
- Pay Per Click
- Digital Display Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Strategy and Planning
Section 1: Introduction to Digital Marketing
- The Introduction to Digital Marketing module enables you to harness the power of digital marketing within the marketing strategy for your organization.
- You will gain a fundamental understanding of the core principles of digital marketing, and be able to define the key differences between traditional and digital marketing.
- This module introduces the foundational aspects of digital marketing and covers areas including: search , digital display, email marketing, social media marketing, mobile marketing and web analytics.
Section 2: Means of Digital Marketing
The Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) module teaches you the most effective techniques to help your website rank in the top results of the most popular search engines, including Google.
Learn how to create, measure and carry out a powerful SEO strategy for your business. Subjects include SEO, Web Analytics, PPC, Email Marketing, Social Media Marketing and more.
The Pay Per Click (PPC) module helps you understand how to create, run and measure cost-effective search advertising campaigns for your business.
Learn how to create advanced keyword research that matches your consumers’ intent and discover how to budget effectively. Subjects include PPC Concepts, Google PPC, Display Networks, Ad Copy, Landing Pages, Conversion Tracking, Bidding and more.
The Digital Display Advertising module gives you the skills needed to create magnetic display campaigns. Master the key concepts of digital display advertising and learn how to plan, create and optimise clickable ad campaigns your customers get, love and respond to. Subjects include Ad Formats and Features, Targeting & Tracking your Campaign, Creative Formats, Campaign Budget and more.
The Email Marketing module enables you to create effective email marketing campaigns that help nurture your existing customers and prospects. Learn how to create subject lines that get opened and master how to create copy that appeals to your target audience. Discover the best tools and platforms to help you design, create and test your campaigns and choose the perfect time for sending emails.
The social media marketing module consists of two parts.
Part one shows you how to grow a social media following. You’ll learn how to excite and engage customers on Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube and Google+.
Part two teaches you how to implement social advertising features and social listening techniques to help you foster relationships with customers. You’ll also discover how to create a winning social media strategy.
The Mobile Marketing module teaches you the latest mobile technologies and emergent trends used in mobile marketing. Get equipped with the practical skills and knowledge needed to create an epic mobile-friendly marketing strategy that helps you reach your target audience at the right time, in the right way and in the right location. Subjects include Mobile Advertising, Mobile Apps, Opportunities & Risks and more.
- Exercises are used throughout the lecture series to reinforce points of learning and important competencies (Modules 2 – 8).
- The tasks may be research-based in the context of the module concerned, or reflect the practical application of skills and learning. Though these are not marked, completing the Practical Exercises will be of benefit to your learning and you are strongly encouraged to attempt all exercises.
Section 3: Analytics, Strategy & Planning
The Analytics module helps you track, monitor and optimise your digital marketing campaigns effectively to ensure your Digital Marketing activities are fully optimised. Discover how to create an effective online reporting structure for any business. Learn how to set up your Google Analytics account, apply analytics tracking to your website and explore analytical insights like audience location, demographics and device usage.
The Strategy & Planning module enables you to create an optimised, engaging and customer-pleasing digital marketing plan, that ties together the core modules you have mastered throughout the programme.
You’ll discover how to create a situation analysis, define your target audience, select measurable objectives, plan your campaign, set the appropriate budget and measure your campaign effectively.
- The main objective to the sketching process is to generate super rough thumbnail sketches of what we feel best visually communicates the highlighted words from our mind maps.
- Take as much time as you need for this step — this might be 10 minutes or it might be 10 days.
- Personally, I like to work quickly and try not to analyze or elaborate too much.
- Now, that doesn’t mean you should only create a handful of sketches.
- Even though this step only took a couple of hours, I was still able to put over 100 thumbnails on paper.
- The whole point of this process is to flush out the bad ideas and narrow down the good ones until we find that one layout that really speaks to us.
- Also, keep in mind the project brief and have your list in front of you as a reference to avoid getting sidetracked.
- Remember—detail is not needed. Simply flush out the bad ideas and find a great direction.
- Once I feel I have a good direction with the sketches, I’m now ready to take a quick photo with my phone and import it into Illustrator.
Section 4: Exam & Preparation
This test will reveal how well you are acquiring the new material based on a short test of twenty questions and a brief written assignment.